Industrial Millwright / Mechanic Position
The role of the Industrial Millwright/Mechanic is to perform day-to-day mechanical assignments on Plant and Field equipment while maintaining a safe working environment within a Silica Sand Processing Facility. The Millwright must work within and comply with HCA Mountain Minerals (Moberly) Ltd. Safety Procedures. This is a Full-time Position with a 7on/7off rotation of 12hr shifts. Ideal Candidate would live within close proximity to Moberly (Golden) or be willing to relocate.
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment in the plant and field specifically related to maintenance and repairs of crushing, screening, grinding, drying and other equipment associated with the production of Silica Sand Products.
- Performing preventative maintenance of production and related equipment for the facility including, engines, pumps, and variety of mechanical equipment
- Overseeing and supporting crews on equipment overhauls and turnarounds
- Administrative duties as required (work orders, parts, materials, service orders etc.)
- Integrate with members of maintenance team and work closely with production foremen to ensure key performance milestones are met throughout the production lifecycle
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess a BC or Interprovincial Journeyman Certification as a Heavy Duty Mechanic or Millwright recognized by the BC Apprenticeship and Industry Training
- Min 5 years’ experience as an Industrial Millwright/Mechanic in mining or heavy industrial setting preferred.
- Experience servicing and maintaining mechanical equipment specific to mining including; Crushing, Screening, Drying and Wet Process equipment preferred
- Ability to work independently; candidates must be a self-starter
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to physically perform all components of the position; lifting, working at heights, work in seasonal weather conditions, etc.
- Able to work overtime and be on call as per work schedule
- Valid First Aid certificates preferred and clean driving record required
- Strong PC skills; proficient in Microsoft Office and Maximo an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
Competitive Compensation and benefits offered.