Mining Heavy Equipment Operator
The role of the Mining Heavy Equipment Operator will be responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe manner in the operation of a Silica Sand Mine. The job entails operating a Cat 966 and 930 loader to strip and prep the site, then load material into the feeder for processing. Maintains adequate feed for materials and stockpiles as required. Must be able to maintain a production-level operating pace safely and efficiently. Other duties as listed below. The Operator must comply with HCA Mountain Minerals (Moberly) Ltd. Safety Procedures. This is a full-time operation with rotating shifts. Ideal candidates would live within close proximity to Golden/Moberly, B.C. or be willing to relocate.
- Responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner to process Silica Sand in a mining operation as outlined above.
- Operates straight or articulated rubber-tired tractor-type vehicle equipped with a front-mounted hydraulically powered bucket to lift and transport bulk materials to and from ROM storage or processing areas.
- Performs the day-to-day activities of the plant; duties could include tasks associated with maintaining the stationary equipment of various areas of the plant.
- Responsible for snow removal, maintain roadways, move commercial sprinkler systems and utility services.
- Required to operate skid steer.
- Load in feed grizzly to ensure appropriate plant stock levels, load train cars and haul trucks while maintaining a safe area for stock piling and customer load out.
- Maintains ROM pile berms in appropriate areas.
- Performs assignments outlined by supervisors in a safe manner and ensures standard procedures are followed in compliance with company policies.
- Responsible for maintaining and inspecting equipment to ensure good working order and document conditions found prior to shift operation.
- Ensure systems are continually monitored during safe operation procedures and report defective equipment or unsafe working conditions.
- Maintain/review maintenance logs on a regular basis.
- Effectively communicates with supervisors, maintenance, laborers and other operators, as well as customers serviced.
- Must be prepared to work overtime when required
- Other work as assigned by your supervisor
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years work experience in or around heavy equipment on a mine site, sand and gravel site.
- A minimum of 2 years operating a 3.5 bucket(or similar class device) rubber tire loader.
- ITA Certified considered an asset.
- Able to operate an FE loader when loading bulk aggregate material in a fast-paced, high production environment.
- Must be mechanically inclined, physically fit and able to execute forms of manual labour
- Ability to follow instructions, maintain good housekeeping around the mining site
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Must be task focused and have good time management skills.
- Commitment to quality and safety
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
Competitive Compensation and benefits offered.