The role of the Plant Operator will be required to perform tasks involving monitoring and operation of a Silica plant. Some physical labour will be required and the candidate will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. Responsibilities will include the operation of various machinery associated with the production of silica sand. The Plant Operator must comply with HCA Mountain Minerals (Moberly) Ltd. Safety Procedures. This is a Full- Time Position. The ideal person would live within close proximity to Golden/Moberly, B.C. or be willing to relocate.
- Responsible for operating, maintaining and/or repairing equipment and systems; equipment start-up; shutdown; and isolation
- Safe operation of crushers, hoppers, mixers, screens - dry and wet, bucket elevator, conveyors, filter press, water recycling system etc.
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor and resolve operational issues in an effective and safe manner
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards, policies and procedures
- Maintain appropriate records and documents and submit reports as required
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition, and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Detect and report defective equipment or unsafe conditions
- Actively assist with additional projects as required
- Responsible for maintenance and inspection of equipment
- Must be prepared to work overtime when required
- Other work as assigned by your supervisor
- Integrate with members of maintenance leadership team and work closely with production foremen to ensure key performance milestones are met throughout the production lifecycle
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- A minimum of 2-5 years operations experience working in a mine, plant or heavy industrial setting
- Mechanical background
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job
Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Computer proficiency and excellent interpersonal, problem-solving skills
Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
Ability to operate equipment in a safe and responsible manner
Effective verbal and listening communication skills
Effective time management skills
Commitment to quality and safety
Strong troubleshooting skills
Ability to physically perform all components of the position; lifting, working at heights, work in seasonal weather conditions, etc.
Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Program.