Team Shift Supervisor
Team Shift Supervisor is responsible for the safe coordination of work activities of the shift employees in process and maintenance related areas. Included in the scope would also cover the effective allocation of work assignments that best align with the shifts personnel skill sets. Is accountable for the time keeping of all activities completed including the shift work roster hours start / finish and break times to maximize productivity. Additionally, the Team Shift Supervisor oversees and is accountable for, the quality and expedient completion of company work orders and other tasks as instructed. The team shift supervisor must work within and comply with HCA Mountain Minerals (Moberly) Ltd. Safety Procedures. This is a Full-Time Position with a 7on/7off rotation with 12-hour shifts. The ideal person would live within close proximity to Golden/Moberly, B.C. or be willing to relocate.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of shift personnel while concurrently leading by example and providing encouragement that will value-add to their competency and efficiency within the guidelines of recommended company work procedures and systems.
- Responsible for maintaining all site equipment to a high standard of availability for the safe and efficiency of the operation in the following areas; Crushing plant, Treatment and processing plant, Fines management systems, Storage and load out facility
- Maintain time keeping discipline for the shifts roster including hours worked and breaks.
- Should possess and pro-actively demonstrate skills in team leadership, safe work practices and procedures, effective communication, effective time management and technical experience in the discipline of plant maintenance.
- Responsible for the allocation and supervision of tasks matched to individual skill sets, time keeping of daily scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance tasks and to ensure that all activities are correctly performed and completed as per the work order.
- Regularly monitor inspection reports, work orders and work areas to ensure work is performed appropriately.
- Document machine performance. Assist with equipment installations and project work as needed.
- Maintain work roster to ensure adequate staffing levels to load ROM bin in line with plant production requirements.
- Ensure and regularly check that heavy equipment operators are keeping their cabs clean and dust free.
- Check and log all daily equipment checks of the mobile equipment e.g. loaders, skid steer and forklifts.
- Provide input to Maintenance planner necessary to ensure purchase of supply and parts in time to support production schedules and maintenance requirements.
- Carry out activities and initiatives to reliably meet, maintain or exceed production targets and KPI’s.
- Ensure all personnel fully understand how to complete the issued tasks and supervise as necessary, critical tasks that can negatively impact production schedules.
- Carry out morning toolbox meetings prior to commencement of work and relay any key issues to the maintenance superintendent.
- Ensure shift work sheets are collected, inspected and handed in to the Operations Superintendent’s office for checking and filing.
- Provide accurate operational records / history of plant and equipment to both planning and maintenance departments.
- Actively participate and seek to refine processes, procedures and or initiatives that will provide benefits to work safety, production, efficiency and or cost reductions.
- Participate as required to assist with monthly safety inspections and risk management exercises for the entire work areas under your responsibility when on shift.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ year experience
- Certified trade qualification desired
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to develop a team work environment
- Prior experience in leadership roles
- Disciplined and lead by example
- Strong communication skills
- Have a positive outlook
- Ability in problem solving
- Skilled delegator
- Knowledge of material handling systems