Utility Labour Position
The role of the Utility Labour Position is to perform general labour and load out duties in a safe manner in the operation of a Silica Sand Mine & Plant. The Utility Labourer must work within and comply with HCA Mountain Minerals (Moberly) Ltd. Safety Procedures. This is a full-time operation with a 7on/7off rotation with 12-hour shifts. Ideal candidates would live within close proximity to Golden/Moberly, B.C. or be willing to relocate.
- Responsible for operating various equipment in a safe and appropriate manner in a Silica Sand Processing Operation.
- Responsible for sprinkler relocation, carry tools, load rail cars
- Ensures plant is tidy (cleanup, pressure wash, etc)
- Record basic data as required and complete punch list tasks
- Required to perform preventative maintenance on equipment as needed (i.e. change pump seals, fan belts, greasing, etc.)
- Required to operate a skid steer, forklift, etc.
- Troubleshooting in regards to assisting in the control room, monitor systems, fire watch, etc.
- May be required to relieve others as needed for breaks, etc.
- Performs assignments outlined by supervisors in a safe manner and ensures standard procedures are followed in compliance with company policies.
- Must be prepared to work overtime when required
- Other work as assigned by your supervisor
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a similar role
- Trade experience as a journeymen or apprentice preferred (ie. Millwright, mechanic, welder, etc)
- Notable prior mechanical, electrical or process experience (i.e. engine repair, electronics, or operating process equipment)
- Experience operating Forklift, skid steer or loader operation skills
- Must physically fit and able to execute forms of manual labour
- Basic trouble shooting skills
- Ability to follow instructions, maintain good housekeeping around the mining site/plant
- Ability to work as a team and work individually on assigned tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Valid drivers license and own transport to site
- Shift work required
- Reliable individual with high attendance rate
- Basic computer skills including use of tablets to change settings, send/receive data and emails.
- Ability to learn new skills i.e. basic mechanics, electronics, and process understanding.
- A “Can do” or “will try” attitude and willingness to assist where needed.
- Ability to diligently follow checklists to take sampling data and notify Supervisor of potential issues.
- Ability to read and interpret work order requirements
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Fluency in English, spoken and written with good communication skills in writing/texting/emails.
Competitive Compensation and benefits based on applicable experience.